Our Ts & Cs
- Bookings will be paid in full prior to the commencement of the lesson. Alpine Sports Andermatt reserves the right to refuse any client if payment has not been made in full prior to the start of the lesson.
- Bookings can be cancelled or amended free of charge up to 14 days prior to your booking commencing. Cancellations must be confirmed by Alpine Sports Andermatt. For cancellations or amendments made fewer than 14 days before arrival, a charge of 50% of the total amount will be levied unless the booking is amended for more hours of instruction. For cancellations received less than 24 hours before the reservation was due to start, a bill for the full amount will be issued.
- Our snow sport instructors teach in all weather conditions. Lessons will be cancelled and refunded in full in the event that all lifts in the Andermatt-Sedrun ski area are closed and no suitable alternative options are available. Refunds will be processed on a pro rata daily basis. This decision will be made exclusively by the Ski School management.
- In cases of sickness or injury, a refund will be paid on the presentation of a legitimate medical certificate.
- The Ski School accepts no liability for any personal arrangements made with the snow sports instructor.
- We reserve the right to make changes regarding the choice of instructor in the event of unforeseeable circumstances arising.
Alpine Sports Andermatt does not accept any liability for accidents that happen during lessons or other company organised events. Clients are required to insure themselves for third party liability and to arrange a policy that provides for personal, medical and rescue insurance for skiing with a licensed and reputable insurer. Alpine Sports Andermatt does not insure clients of the ski school. Lift passes are obligatory and are the responsibility of the client, not the ski school.